Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Perfect Day

Today Meg and Sue took me out for lunch for my birthday. It was a fantastic meal and lovely break from all my work at the moment. Then we went for a walk for about an hour and a half and I was delighted to get the following pics!
A New Holland Honey Eater having a snack on some Kangaroo Paws.

A fantastic Brown Snake - who was right in my path - I told Meg and Sue to stop ( I was in front of them and they were slightly round a corner) I madly took some pics and he turned and was coming toward me. When I told Sue and Meg it was a snake (thinking they would want to have a look!!) - they took off back the other way! I was very excited to get this shot! (If you bring the photo up large you can even see his tongue)

And...... a little Eastern Water Dragon peeking over a rock!

2 comments:

  1. NICE PHOTOS' Margi., but are you crazy to get that close to a brown snake!
    I would have gone the other way sooooo fast, I would have beat Meg and Sue out of there......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the photo of the gorgeous bird, lets hope the snake doesn't see it.

    ReplyDelete