Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

A fantastic day!!!





Quite late last night I boiled a heat pack that I had and while it was boiling watched an episode of ER on tele........ then another episode .......... and then part way through the next I figured I must be tired as I couldn't see the t.v. properly!!!!! No wonder the house was filled with smoke!!!
So at 1am I was standing outside with all the doors and windows open!!! I was actually still there at 2am!!!
P.S. it was minus 7, foggy and frosty last night!!!



Mark had his orthopaedic review today and he has now been released from ortho. It's a bit of a funny feeling - he still has a large open break at the back of his femur in a crooked L shape and a huge mass of bone growth at the front of the femur but the dr said his bottom screws are still strong (although a bit bent) which means his bone is taking the correct weight or the screws would have snapped or split by now. He may have to have a further operation on his wrist but that is in the future once the nerves have healed a bit further. They are apparently healed to just below his elbow. The dr doesn't think he will regain any further movement in his wrist or fingers but expects him to start at some point experiencing a lot of pain in the wrist and then they will refer him on and he will have another op.
All very positive as they only gave him a 40% chance or regaining anything at all in his arm and hand and the alternative to giving him that chance was amputation. The only reason they gave him the chance was because of his age and health. What a lucky boy, I am very proud of him and how he has and is handling it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment